The Public Arts Commission works to promote the value of public art in Lynn, MA. The Commission does this primarily by:
- Articulating a strategic vision for public art in Lynn, MA.
- Implementing public art projects including: releasing requests for proposals (RFPs), commissioning artists and coordinating installation of public art projects.
- Developing collaborative processes for public art project selection with city departments and residents’ input.
Seeking Public Art Commission Members
The Mayor and City Council seek applicants for appointment to the Public Art Commission. Five (5) appointments will be made by the Mayor and five (5) by City Council. All interested in promoting public art and developing a strategic vision for public art in Lynn are welcome to apply.
It is the Mayor and the City Council’s goal to name Boards and Committees whose membership reflects the diversity of the residents of Lynn. Additionally, the Public Art Commission is especially looking for:
- Working Artists (who earn at least 50% of income from sale or production of your art)
- Staff members of Lynn-based nonprofit organizations
- Owners of a Lynn-based businesses
- Members of the Lynn Cultural Council
- Representatives of the City of Lynn’s Department of Public Works or Inspectional Services Department
- Members of the City of Lynn Park Commission
- Representatives of the Lynn Public School Fine Arts Department
Please fill out our Application for Appointment to the Public Art Commission and submit it to the Commission at the address below. Please note you may fill out our application online using your browser but it must be printed to your home printer before closing the window.
Applications should be submitted to:
Office of Mayor
Attn: Public Art Commission
3 City Hall Square
Lynn, MA 01901
Appointments will be made on an immediate rolling basis until all members are appointed.